We realize that you want a beautiful lawn, but you probably don’t have the time or energy to put in the effort to make your neighbors envy. You may also be lacking in experience and materials, but a professional lawn care service will take care of all of these difficulties for you. Can you, however, afford the necessary regular upkeep, chemicals, and services to make your lawn shine?
The This Old House Reviews Team investigated and evaluated the finest lawn care services in the United States. This procedure involved examining each provider’s price. Read our guide to the typical lawn care cost so you know what to anticipate when you receive a quotation.
Average Lawn Care Cost
The cost of lawn care varies based on the services and treatments chosen. Some lawn care programs begin at as little as $25 per month. The average monthly lawn care expense is between $100 and $200. Lawn mowing and weed control services may be included in the pricing. Additional services, such as lawn aeration for $250, may need a one-time payment in addition to this amount.
Overall, choosing DIY choices such as product subscription programs like Lawn Bright saves you money. Having a lawn care expert maintain your yard, however, frequently delivers greater benefits over a longer period of time.
Factors that Influence the Cost of a Lawn Care Service
The ultimate cost of lawn care services is determined by a number of variables. To give you with an accurate quotation, a customer care person should address these elements throughout the quote process. Some of the most important elements are mentioned here for your convenience.
- Lawn size The size of your lawn is one of the most important considerations. The greater the price, the bigger the lawn.
- Obstacles Trees, fences, rocks, planters, and other impediments that employees must work around can increase your costs.
- Steep hills If your lawn is hilly or has some steep slopes, you might anticipate some more costs to be added to your monthly pricing owing to the difficulties they bring.
- Labor A lawn care business may need to assign many professionals to your task depending on the amount of services you desire or the size of your lawn. Your costs will be influenced by the number of employees and the amount of hours performed.
- Travel time : Similar to the manpower necessary for the work, if your house is more away from the lawn care service than other houses, extra costs may be applied to your monthly price.
How to Choose the Best Lawn Care Service
Choosing a lawn care company may seem difficult, but it will be lot simpler if you consider the following points.
- Types of treatments Consider the kind of therapies you desire and need. Do you need comprehensive lawn care that includes fertilizer, weed control, aeration, and overseeding? Or do you have fewer requirements and desire a more simplified strategy?
- Aeration Lawn aeration helps you to revitalize areas of your lawn that might otherwise be dormant. Consider a company that provides this service if you find your soil is compacted or if you have a lot of dead areas.
- Overseeding A lawn care professional applies fresh seedlings to existing grass in this treatment. This improves overall turf health and growth and may aid in the replacement of worn-out grass.
- Fertilization To support the health of your grass, a specialist will spread granular fertilizer throughout it.
- Weed control Weed control is another common lawn care service that differs by business. To treat the weeds in your yard, each firm will most likely employ a unique product and strategy.
- Soil pH control This procedure evaluates the pH of your soil and restores equilibrium by adding lime.
- A la carte options Shopping in one location is usually handy. If you choose a lawn care firm that also does pest control, you will save time and money.
- Types of products Many lawn care firms allow clients to choose between organic and chemical products. Organic products are generally safer for children and pets, but they take longer to provide results.
- Scheduling Different lawn care businesses have different timetables for when they come to your house. Find a lawn care business that provides visits that correspond to your schedule.
- Cost We suggest obtaining many quotations before making your final selection. If you are worried about auto-renewal, you should also check about billing procedures.
- Specialist training Some lawn care firms, such as TruGreen, publicize their professionals’ training process to emphasize how comprehensive their program is. You’re better off with more seasoned professionals than than rookies, so keep that in mind.
- Reputation We recommend that you look into the company’s history as well as expert evaluations to obtain a feel of its dependability, professionalism, and competency. This gives insight into the customer service experience of a firm.
- Guarantee You don’t want to pay for expert lawn care just to have the finished product appear like it was done by a local child. Make certain that the lawn care business you choose provides a guarantee to return as required to re-treat at no additional expense.