8 Fall Lawn Care Tips
Posted on October 18, 2016 by
Because your grass will lay dormant for the winter, fall may not seem like the best time to worry about lawn maintenance. However, fall is a vital time to prepare your grass for lush growth the following spring. The chilly and wet weather of autumn aids grassroots development far more than that of summer, and taking advantage of this growth season will pay enormous returns next year. Here are eight autumn lawn maintenance tips to let your grass shine next year:
- Continue mowing. Grass grows until it frosts over in the winter, so there’s no need to stop mowing in the fall. Maintain your grass’s regular height until it stops growing. When the season comes to an end, you’ll need to winterize your mower. Sharpening the blades, replacing the oil and spark plugs, examining the mower for damage, and cleaning the air filter are all part of this process. This is something that our Lawn Mower Maintenance services can assist you with. First and foremost, safety!
- Water when needed. Autumn rain reduces evaporation, leaving enough of natural moisture for the grass to thrive. Even so, you should use a rain gauge to monitor how much water your lawn receives. You should water the grass if it does not get one inch or more of moisture every week. More information may be found in our lawn watering suggestions.
- Rake often. When leaves fall on your lawn, they obstruct sunlight and make it difficult for plants to produce nourishment. Furthermore, the wet moisture they retain might promote the growth of grass fungal. Raking also aids in the removal of any thatch that has accumulated. Because a leaf blower or vacuum will not clear thatch, it is necessary to use a conventional rake on occasion. To keep these pathways open, begin raking as soon as the leaves fall. Even after the leaves have stopped falling, you should keep raking them as the wind pushes them onto your yard. Raking once a week shouldn’t be too difficult, right?
- Now is the time to think about aeration. Your grass has most likely suffered from soil compaction and heat stress during the summer. These two issues are often responsible for the majority (if not all) of the brown or thinning grass you may have seen last season. Aeration is the practice of removing soil plugs from a yard in order to open up pathways for valuable nutrients to reach the grassroots, nutrients that are frequently difficult to bring in due to compaction and stress. Aerating your lawn in the autumn can keep it green and healthy for the following year. Professional gear is most effective for this process, and our patented Turf Tamer equipment may help your grass recover and become lusher than ever next spring.
- Apply a nitrogen-rich fertilizer Fertilize your lawn in the autumn if you want it to appear nicer and be healthier. This technique will provide your lawn with lots of nutrients to help it survive the winter and grow stronger in the spring. As a consequence, autumn is the most critical time of year to fertilize. for a healthy lawn . If you opt to aerate in the autumn, fertilize immediately after to guarantee that the nutrients penetrate deeper into the soil.
- Seed to fill in bare and burned spots . As previously said, many parts of lawn may die in the summer, therefore it’s a good idea to reseed such areas with the appropriate grasses. Keep in mind, however, that seeds that do not come into contact with soil will not germinate, and it might be difficult to properly cover an area of grass. If you want a power seeding that will make your yard seem brand new, contact us. Power sowing is the practice of actually sewing seeds into the ground.
- Keep up with lawn pest control . Insects that reside on your yard today might pose major difficulties after the winter season is through. If you spot a lawn insect infestation on your lawn, treat it early in the autumn to reduce the damage. You may use a pesticide or contact us to detect and eradicate lawn pests like grubs and armyworms. Weed treatment is especially important in the fall since it is a good season to remove many sorts of weeds.
- Keep a Tight Schedule . All of these autumn lawn care tasks must be completed on time. Seeding and fertilizing too close to winter can prevent the soil from absorbing nutrients. If you aerate when it’s still too hot outside, the procedure will be ineffective. A strict autumn lawn care routine is essential for a healthy lawn next year. If you don’t have time to work on your lawn this autumn, or if you’d rather leave it to the professionals, our lawn aeration service and power seeding can keep your grass in the greatest form of its life when spring returns.
These autumn lawn care suggestions might assist you in preparing your grass for the next year. We provide specialized services and application options for professional autumn lawn management to help your lawn be the best it can be. Get a free quotation now for your customized autumn lawn care services.
Tired of the tedious and grueling work of maintaining your lawn?
When you are unable to care for your grass, contact grass Doctor.
What’s the Best Way to Get Rid of Leaves On Your Lawn?
Leaves are a symbol of fall – there is a…
Posted on October 26, 2020 by Lawn Doctor
Weed Control in My Yard
After years of searching for the ideal house, you just want…
Posted on December 5, 2013 by Lawn Doctor